259: Chocolate Overload!
Went over to E’s place yesterday to bake a batch of Triple Chocolate Walnuts Cookies for our good friend studying in Beijing now. Why triple chocolate? The cookie is just an overload of chocolate – cocoa powder, melted chocolate and semi-sweet chocolate chips. It was good and chocolatey and I’m sure she’ll love them!
I made some chocolate walnut biscottis last night as well, out of pure boredom. And it turned out really really delicious! It’s my first time making a biscotti! And the biscotti was really delightful. However, it didn’t turn out that pretty although the taste was really good. When I was baking the log of biscotti, there were distinct cracks on the top of the biscotti, which made cutting it into slices quite a chore. But I managed to do so, carefully! But the slices were still a little thick. Hmm. But still, it was really delicious! I’ll definitely need to experience with other recipes to get the perfect recipe. But still this recipe is definitely worth a try!
Here it is:) Got the recipe from Evan’s Kitchen Ramblings, a really lovely food blog with really lovely photography! I replaced the almonds with walnuts!
Chocolate Walnut Biscottis
60g salted butter
100g caster sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
150g plain flour
20g cocoa powder (i used valrhona)
3/4 tsp double acting baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup walnuts
1. Beat butter, then add sugar gradually and cream til light and fluffy.
2. add in beaten egg & vanilla extract.
3. sift flour, cocoa powder, baking powder & baking soda together.
4. fold dry ingredients into the butter mixture, then add in walnuts.
5. transfer soft dough onto baking tray lined with greaseproof baking paper. shape into a log and use a fork to poke some holes.
6. bake in a preheated oven of 180C for abt 35-40 mins.
7. leave to cool, then slice them into 1 inch thickness.
8. line the biscotti on baking tray then bake them again on 170C for 12-15 mins until crisp at the edges.